Posted By
Christian_Woods
Oct 22, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 22, 2008
Christian,

Technically, this lenticular effect (like looking through patterned glass) can be achieved in Photoshop. You can do it by hand slicing and assembly, of course. But there may be a third-party plug-in that can fracture and assemble an image this way. Someone else may be able to point you in the right direction.

Neil
SF
Steve_Fairbairn
Oct 22, 2008
< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1jPPvboSFJnSdU3q7b RI5ccTCeWZo0>

Take a look at this. (I did it in Illy but you can do it in Photoshop pretty much as easily.

Make some random coloured shapes set to multiply or a photographic image. Mask with an equilateral triangle. Reflect/copy this and rotate by 30°. Move the corners so that they touch. Link/Group and Rotate/Copy by 120°. And again. Get all the corners to line up and bingo.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Oct 22, 2008
The example is not a Photoshop effect. It is a CSS effect, repeating a single image file.

Why not duplicate the HTML/CSS and replace with your own image file?

Take a screen shot of your browser and then you have something to bring back into Photoshop.
SF
Steve_Fairbairn
Oct 23, 2008
I said "or a photographic image", so you can reflect/repeat that instead of the bits of "coloured glass" in my image. A kaleidoscopic image is nothing more than a repeated reflection of a basic element. And most kaleidoscopes I have seen use 2 mirrors set at a 60° angle.
CW
Christian_Woods
Oct 23, 2008
Thanks guys,

Obviously a wrong choice of words using kaleidescope … but that was what the link was for…to visually illustrate what I meant.

Appreciate all the responses, cheers!

Chris
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Oct 23, 2008
Steve, try this link:
<http://www.3deep.com.au/>

🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections