N
Posted By
nanllyn
May 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please forgive me as I don’t know what to call this to even look it up in instruction or to see if it has been posted. I hope I can explain this well enough.

I have a picture of a fireplace that is missing a couple of tiles on one side so what I want to do is make a copy of the half that is finished and reverse it and paste it to show what the fireplace will look like once finished.(It will be a few weeks before fireplace can be finished and I need photos now for perspective buyers)
I know how to cut and paste but I am getting an error of "No pixels were selected". But then how do I reverse and paste the half to make a whole picture?
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MS
Mark_Sand
May 7, 2004
Among the MANY ways to do this:
1. Use the Rectangular Marque Tool to select the half of the picture you want to copy.
2. Paste the selection: CTRL-V
This creates the copy on a new layer.
3. Select the new layer in the layers palette, and flip this layer horizontally: Image -> Rotate -> Flip Horizontal
4. While still in this layer, use the Move tool to move
the flipped image to the other side.
IH
Ingrid_Halvorsen
May 9, 2004
Be sure to select Flip LAYER Horizontal, not just Flip Horizontal (which will flip the entire picture. 🙁
IH
Ingrid_Halvorsen
May 9, 2004
Another alternative…you could just copy a tile and paste it over the spots where tiles are missing. Pasting will put the selection on a new layer. Copy the layer as many times as you have missing tiles. Use the MOVE tool to position the images into their proper places over the missing tiles. When you are satisfied with the picture go to LAYER>MERGE DOWN or MERGE VISIBLE, to create a single layer.
CR
Chris_Rankin
May 9, 2004
"No pixels were selected".
Make sure you are making your selection from the active layer.

CR

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections