BSOD – i lost my psd file! how do i recover it!!

ET
Posted By
eric testroete
Aug 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
did this. it said it isnt valid. when it crashed photoshop had 3 images open. 2 psds and a jpg.

how does photoshop know whats what with the tmp file?

the original psds are just white now with nothing in them! even the targas i was writing to seem to be broken! ill try the corrupted thing maybe?

ooh the stress….:(

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Aug 20, 2003
Are these were images you just created and hadn’t saved yet?
ET
eric testroete
Aug 20, 2003
had saved them… and they wont open either.. the original psds.

x = wont open o = will open

psd 1 = x —-> tga 1 = o
psd 2 = x —-> tga 2 = x

jpg = o

was working with psd 2 at the time.

im hoping theres another way around the tmp file which was stored on another drive. how does photoshop know how to open it if you where working with 2 diff psds?

thx for your help guys. any ideas would be great.
P
Phosphor
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry, I’m not going to be much help. I tried searching the forums, but get the message that search isn’t available. I did come across this thread <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.2ccce804/0>. Is that problem similar to yours? Guess just keep backups of all your files and watch the forums for ideas.
DM
dave milbut
Aug 20, 2003
you can’t recover a tmp file. that’s not your image, it’s ps’s scratch memmory file. just delete it, it’s orphaned. if you can’t recover your original file, it’s toast.

couple things you can try: try to open it in imageready. if it opens re-save from there.

try to open w/a third party app. like ifranview or acdsee.

dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections