CB
Posted By
Cindy_Beard
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought the Wacom pen-mouse set and received PhotoShop Elements as bonus software. When I try to install it, I get the error that I must have Internet Explorer 4.0 or better in order to install it. Then it shuts down installation.

I have IE 6.0 and all of its patches/upgrades but for some reason, PSE is not recognizing it. I called Tech Support but they want your credit card up front and ‘if it isn’t their fault’, they charge $39.95.

I’m running PSP8/Animation Shop so I don’t really care to spend anything on free software ~ lol. Since I got it, however, it would be nice to at least try it out. 😉

any suggestions?!?!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
May 6, 2004
This problem comes up every once in a while, and it seems to be a Windows registry issue. Go to the link I’m posting and start reading at the beginning. Some of the individual posts aren’t useful, but by the time you get somewhere toward the end there’s a registry modification that one person was successful in using to get Elements to install. I can’t be of a lot of help because my primary language is Mac.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.1de8a416>
CB
Cindy_Beard
May 7, 2004
Thanks!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections