AB
Posted By
austin_beck
Jan 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just recently startive having an issue where Photoshop7 will close after "initializing color preferences", at least thats the last thing I can see before it closes out. I haven’t made any changes to photoshop..at first I thought it was a corrupt font, because I have installed many fonts, though I hadn’t installed any recently. Either way, I deleted the some fonts and the files one of the forums says to delete, and nothing happened. So I take it it’s not a font problem. I have already uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop7, still having the same problem. Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem???

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JJ
John Joslin
Jan 12, 2007
Did you try deleting preferences as described in the FAQs?
L
LenHewitt
Jan 12, 2007
It could be a bad ICC profile on the machine – most likely a monitor manufacturer’s profile
AB
austin_beck
Jan 12, 2007
Thanks, I’m not sure which preferences to delete when it comes to the ‘color preferences’, I didn’t see that one in the FAQ. Do you have the link?

As far as the monitor, That one’s a little more difficult to test out without a 2nd monitor, lol.
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 12, 2007
You don’t just delete colour preferences. Just follow one of methods in the FAQ. If you use the keyboard combination make sure you get a dialog asking you to confirm.
L
LenHewitt
Jan 12, 2007
That one’s a little more difficult to test out without a 2nd monitor<<

Not at all. Just create a new folder, and move the .icc/.icm files from \windows\system32\spool\drivers\color to that new folder.

Now copy back the following:

AdobeRGB1998.icc
AppleRGB.icc
EuroscaleCoated.icc
EuroscaleUncoated.icc
CIERGB.icc
NTSC1953.icc
PAL_SECAM.icc
pcd4050e.icm
pcdcnycc.icm
pcdkoycc.icm
SMPTE-C.icc
WideGamutRGB.icc
AdobeRGB1998.icc
ColorMatchRGB.icc
EuropeISOCoatedFOGRA27.icc
JapanColor2001Coated.icc
JapanColor2001Uncoated.icc
JapanColor2002Newspaper.icc
JapanWebCoated.icc
USSheetfedCoated.icc
USSheetfedUncoated.icc
USWebCoatedSWOP.icc
USWebUncoated.icc

Those are the .icc profiles installed by Photoshop.

Make sure Photoshop starts OK.

Now copy back the other profiles *you use* a few at a time, checking Photoshop starts OK after each copy.
AB
austin_beck
Jan 13, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion, LenHewitt , but even with the file moving so-on-so-forth, nothing worked. I suppose I’m just going to have to fork over $200 and get an upgrade
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 13, 2007
Nothing against upgrading except that, with Version 10 on the way, it may be better to wait.

Did you really successfully delete your preferences?
AB
austin_beck
Jan 13, 2007
well, I have tried all the methods, ran Nortin AntiVirus, tried System Restore, and ran ScanDisk, so I guess I’m f*ked?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections