PS
Posted By
Peter_So
Jan 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I copy and paste a jpg image from Excel to Photoshop CS2 or CS3, it looks like a grid is coming through the photo. This is not the case when I copy the photo to any other application such as MS Word or MS Paint. Any ides?

Johnny L

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RM
ron_miles
Jan 11, 2007
Peter:
I’m having difficulty with your idea of having to copy a .jpg image from an Excel spreadsheet and pasting it into a Photoshop document.

Instead, I would try to find the .jpg file somewhere outside your .xls spreadsheet and open it using Photoshop.

Ron
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Jan 11, 2007
I know that when one saves a Word or Powerpoint document as a "web page", a subdirectory is created that contains the full-resolution original images in the document, which can then be pulled into Photoshop; copying and pasting from the Word or Powerpoint document does not get the full-resolution original image. Perhaps you should try doing this to see if the same is true of Excel.
J
johnbeardy
Jan 11, 2007
Copy only the image object in Excel – don’t copy the cells.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jan 11, 2007
Or turn off the Grid in Excel?
RK
Ronald Keller
Jan 11, 2007
Johnny,

In Excel select the image then hold Shift before going to the Edit menu. You will see a new menu Item: Copy Image (or something similar, I have a Dutch Excel).
Then try the different options for best results.

Hope this helps…

Ronald
P
PeterSo
Jan 23, 2007
Ronald:

That did the trick. How did you find this out? Any good explanation why Microsoft is "disguising" the copy image command in another hidden key sequence?

Thanks again.

Johnny

On Jan 11, 2:25 pm, "Ronald Keller" wrote:
Johnny,

InExcelselect the image then hold Shift before going to the Edit menu. You will see a new menu Item: Copy Image (or something similar, I have a DutchExcel).
Then try the different options for best results.

Hope this helps…

Ronald

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections