Posted By
glenn_losack
Oct 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Pshop CS3, Mac Pro 10.5.4 bridge or photoshop

cant try this anymore. it is not working. want to take 145 jpgs ( 750k) and put a frame around each one via batch processing. I have followed 3 different methods using bridge or pshop

automate>batch. if i use Bridge and select the image files and hit OK the action proceeds then i get a save to with a TIFF option? want this ( I thought simple procedure ) to go smoothly without my intervention. Please if you can walk me thru this process. Source folder and Destination folder are on the desktop names 1 and 2. i cant get it to work. very frustrating
thanks

Ramon Ann anyone?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 17, 2008
The easiest way to do this is to run Image Processor through Bridge on a bunch of selected images.

Set Image Processor to use an Action (which you have previously created) to make a border on each image.
JJ
Jim_Jordan
Oct 17, 2008
Recognize that resaving JPG files can diminish their quality.

If this border is required for JPG files in a web page, consider a simple tweak to the HTML or CSS to apply a stroke around the images. No batch image operation may be needed and you can maintain the current quality of your images.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 17, 2008
You can actually do this for a whole Web Gallery from the Bridge CS4 Output panel with one click of a button if you create a Custom Style that includes an image border.

But it does take a bit of basic knowledge of HTML and some very deep digging (eight levels down in your Library folder!) to find an XML template to duplicate and modify in this way.

I did that and it has proved to have been well worth the effort as it now saves me an enormous amount of time.

However, I suspect that that is far more than Glenn probably wanted to know?
GL
glenn_losack
Oct 17, 2008
oh my god

ANN

you have come through again for me

you and Ramon are simply the best

thanks thanks thanks

glenn losack
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 17, 2008
We are always here for you, Glenn!

🙂
NT
Nini Tj
Oct 18, 2008
Ann, when you say eight levels down in the Library, did you mean Macintosh HD/Library/Application support/Adobe/Bridge CS4 Extensions/Adobe Output Module/mediagallery/resources/ and one of the styles in there? Just to confirm I’m in the right place.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2008
Yes, that’s correct. (Actually it is about ten levels down!)

There is a whole thread about this which you might find useful:

Cindy, "Web Photo Gallery in CS4" #, 17 Oct 2008 8:25 pm </webx?14>
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2008

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 18, 2008

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections