Batch Processing Multiple Folders Question…

MM
Posted By
Matt_Mueller
Sep 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I process multiple folders full of images using the "Include All SubFolders" option under File->Automate-Batch.

It works flawlessly when all the folders I need to process are under the same folder. Example:

/images/folder_a
/images/folder_b
/images/folder_c

I am wondering if there is a way to nominate multiple folders that are NOT all in the same folder (so I can fire off a batch process over night).

Example:

/images/folder_a
/temp/folder_b
/photos/folder_c

Is there any way to use my action as a Batch Process for these at the same time (without moving the images, or folders)?

(PS CS3 10.0.1, OSX 10.5.5, JS for Scripts)

Thanks,

Matt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PR
Paul_R
Sep 17, 2008
I don’t believe that you can.
A custom script should be able to do it though.
MM
Matt_Mueller
Sep 17, 2008
Paul,

Do you have an example of a custom script that should be able to to it?

-Matt
PR
Paul_R
Sep 17, 2008
Thats the thing, a custom script is normally unique, and written for a particular task. There are many custom scripts on <http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/> For your particular needs, quite a few details would be required ie: Input type files, Where they are to saved, what format/quality etc..
JM
J_Maloney
Sep 17, 2008
What about folder actions: you should need a script that runs a PS action on all images in the current folder (and embedded subfolders) only. Then you should be able to use folder actions to launch the script, which runs the action.

Not like I’ve done this, but…

You might also look into automator. If you can build the action in PS (which it seems you can), either of these two features might help with the rest.

J

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections