___ Any idea how to convert a "Planar uncompressed CMYK TIFF file" into something I can wo

RD
Posted By
Ryan Donahue
Oct 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any idea how to convert a "Planar uncompressed CMYK TIFF file" into something I can work with?

This type of image is from scanned film, and it apparently has a spot channel in it judging by how the file has previously printed (though when I open it in PShop it doesn’t have a spot channel and I can’t resave it as a plain TIFF, psd etc.)

Thx

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 17, 2008
Ryan,

I don’t know what kind of scanner produces this format or if there are other "Save…" options for the scanner itself — worth checking, though. Also, does the manufacturer provide any sort of Photoshop format compatibility plug-in?

As for saving it in other formats, is this something other than an 8-bit/channel file? (Although, even if it were 16-bit/channel, TIFF and PSD should be Save options.)

Neil
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 17, 2008
Didn’t those high-end separations that were made by an Israeli company (whose name I don’t remember and who are no longer in business) do something like that?

See if GraphicConverter can open the file and let you re-save it in a different format.
RD
Ryan Donahue
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah, Scitex – aka Creo aka Kodak

I dredged up the original Scitex software and resaved it – that worked – thanks!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 17, 2008
Great!

🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections