GC
Posted By
Geryld_Christianson
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop Elements 2 on a Mac G-4 Quicksilver DT with 384 MB Ram on OS 10.3.3. (1) When I select a face on a photo to reduce skin redness, none of the color adjustment features in the Enhance menu work. They only work if I cancel the selection and apply color corrections to the entire photo, which I don’t want to do. (2) When I try to use Enhance/Quick Fix for the entire area of a photo, none of the sliders work; I have to go to specific items under the Enhance menu. (3) No options bar appears, although all the other bars in the workplace area are there. I can’ find any indication that the options bar is hidden. TIA

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JH
Jim_Hess
May 4, 2004
Here is what I have done, and it has worked well for me. After you have selected the face, make sure you feather the selection by a few pixels. Then copy the selection and paste it to a new layer. Next, apply a hue/saturation adjustment layer and make sure that you place a check mark in the "group with previous layer" box. This will enable you to adjust the face separately.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections