Posted By
shahram
Jan 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
Adobe Photoshop CS2 decrease computer speed but Photoshop 7 does not, I think it is because extra application in CS2 like Adobe Bridge and Image Ready, how can I remove extra application in Photoshop?
Thank
Shahram

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 7, 2007
No need to "Remove" either. You could simply choose not to run them!

However, you would do better to have a look at the root of the problem and fine tune your system.

Have a look here as a start: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/332271.html>

Then come back here with a list of your system specs so we can offer any further advice.

Chris.
S
shahram
Jan 8, 2007
Thanks for your reply and help, I looked at that page, I knew something, I know almost how to improve performance of system but I would like to know if I could remove or uninstall these applications from system or not?
Thanks
JJ
John Joslin
Jan 8, 2007
Having an unused application sitting on the hard disk will not affect the performance of the machine so why bother?
S
shahram
Jan 8, 2007
If it is, so why Photoshop CS2 is slower than CS1 or 7?
If you open 3 soft wares, is it like one software? If they don’t use memory, where do they put their necessary files?
B
Bernie
Jan 8, 2007
If it is, so why Photoshop CS2 is slower than CS1 or 7?

Because it’s an application that requires more overhead?

If they don’t use memory, where do they put their necessary files?

Don’t confuse memory and disk space they are very different things
S
shahram
Jan 8, 2007
Because it’s an application that requires more overhead?

What is in this application that requires more overhead? Don’t you think some extra application could be a reason for this problem? (At least a little)
KV
Klaas Visser
Jan 8, 2007
When you start Photoshop, you do *not* start ImageReady or Bridge, only Photoshop. These applications do not start unless you start them yourself.

Photoshop CS2 is a different application to both Photoshop CS and Photoshop V7 – it uses more overhead, by itself, than the other two, to accomplish all the extra tasks that it allows you to use.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jan 8, 2007
I would point out, if you don’t know, that Photoshpo CS also comes with an install of ImageReady, as did 7 and 6. So that can’t be the problem.
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 8, 2007
shahram: unless you let us know your system specs, as requested in post #1, we are not going to be able to offer any more specific advice.
B
Bernie
Jan 8, 2007
What is in this application that requires more overhead?

CS2 (what we’ve been discussing all this time, no?)

and: What Chris said

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections