P
Posted By
peterpica
Oct 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way that I can realistically simulate black type being printed/engraved on a brushed metal background. I have background art (courtesy Alien Skin "Impact" plug-in, but am not sure how to approach having Helvetica Black words & numbers look like they were engraved "into" the metal background plate.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Oct 13, 2008
A results page from Google would be quicker and far more comprehensive than waiting around here for one or two people to post links.

Copy/past the following into Google’s search field:photoshop tutorial engraved type|text
P
peterpica
Oct 13, 2008
Thanks much, Phos+four, but I’m looking for a "painted" engraved effect, i.e., like a printed "stamped" look…. black type that looks like it’s engraved/reverse embossed AND printed at the same time.

Not sure how to even try doing this as my PS skills are very limited; was hoping for to find a cookie-cutter solution. All of the tutorials I found after search were for "blind embossing" with shadows only.

Thanks anyway.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Oct 13, 2008
peterpica,

Can you show us a sample? I can’t quite figure out what you are after. Like So?

<http://homepage.mac.com/wellesgoodrich/LikeSo.jpg>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections