FP
Posted By
Frank_Piccolo
Oct 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have seriously been considering this NEC LDC2690 WUXi SV myself since my Lacie CRT bit the dust…
I had hoped to find somewhere local that stocked it so I could see it with my own eyes apposed to ordering. The specs, reviews and other things I read tell me it’s the monitor that will suit my neads.
I am a professional photographer, so color and such are obviously my number one priorities.

I’ve looked at a lot of consumer grade LCD’s and they all seem to have a serious problem with off axis viewing especially vertically… from high and low angles, I can see a huge brightness shift. The only monitor I was able to see that didn’t do that to an extreme degree was the apple 23" cinema display.

What I am trying to find out is if the NEC LDC2690 WUXi is the same for viewing angles.

Specs don’t seem to help me at all… I looked at an LG and Samsung for example and they were rated for roughly 170° / 170° and they were both terrible from high angle to low angles.

I hope I am explaining myself properly and someone out there can help answer this question for me.

I hate to order in a monitor just to find out it has the same problem I am trying to avoid.

Thanks very much in advance,
Frank

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WZ
Wade_Zimmerman
Oct 12, 2008
You’re not going to find it in any monitor.

BTW the 240 W has dual connectors you can hook up two computers to it at one time.

I am happy with mine I get good reproduction form the publications I send my files to and they seem happy to receive them always compliment me on the images and the quality of the files.

I send my images to a wide range of print publication and the web and have a consistent out put on both.

So the Eizo works for me. If it will work anyone else I do not know.

I also print the files to Digital C prints which is an rgb file and that works out to be consistent as well. BT the monitor I use to view the images before actually send the files to print on C printer is a LaCie LCD that looks like a good match with my screen and the out put.
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 14, 2008
Ann

Can you help this lady in the Windows forum?

She’s having problems with an NEC monitor and it may be like yours.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b6b92c/10>
FB
Frank_Black
Oct 14, 2008
Can you add a link to the other post John?
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 14, 2008
Which one, the original request from darkgaze or the fight in the Photo forum?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections