C
Posted By
chris001
Oct 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry, but I am a little confused now, I want to add new colour profiles/spaces to my apple for use by creative suite 3.

I go to –Library – colour sync – Profiles – and then I have a list of profiles but what I do not understand is where to add them. I see a folder called Profiles and a folder called recommended. THEN, in profiles i see recommended AGAIN. This is a bit confusing, where am I supposed to put them please?

Thankyou for your help, Chris.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Oct 10, 2008
Copying them into the Library – ColorSync – Profiles-folder itself should suffice. The ones in the Recommended-folder only appear listed separately near the top of the list in the applications.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 10, 2008
Look at the icon for your"Recommended" folder: it is actually an Alias to a folder of the same name which was installed by your Adobe applications in:

~Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color/Profiles/Recommended

If you want to see your new Profile in the Recommended list, put a copy of it in this folder.
C
chris001
Oct 10, 2008
Thankyou folks. But why is there a need for an alias in such a location, it appears redundant?

Chris.
R
Ram
Oct 10, 2008
Chris,

We can only describe the universe for you, we cannot explain it to you. 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections