WG
Posted By
Welles_Goodrich
Oct 4, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Quite recently I’ve found that doing my final adjustments in Camera RAW on renders from 3D programs, particularly Vue 6 Infinite images saved as 16 bit TIFFs, yields superior results very quickly. So far I’ve found that I can access Camera RAW only from Bridge if the file is TIFF or JPEG. Once a file is processed in Camera RAW, Photoshop recognizes the file should be opened in the CR dialog but I wondered if there is a way to open a TIFF file the first time right into the Photoshop RAW dialog rather than using Bridge?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 4, 2008
I always use Bridge CS4 (because I always have it running from boot-up) and the file then opens directly, and immediately, in Photoshop anyway.

(You are going to find CS4 a VERY different animal from the CS3 version!)
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Oct 4, 2008
I have to admit, Ann, that I’m getting used to using Bridge simply because of my access to File > Open in Camera RAW… (Command R). I was just wondering…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 4, 2008
Just wait until you see CS4 ……………!!!!!!!
R
Ram
Oct 4, 2008
Welles,

There are several places to set up the preference to open images in Camera Raw. Check both Photoshop’s, Bridge’s and ACR’s various preferences settings.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Oct 5, 2008
By Jove You’ve got it, Ramón! Thank you. I feel rather silly having never looked in Photoshop prefs but now my 16 bit TIFFs open in Camera RAW and I can either manipulate them and save a copy or open them up in Photoshop. This is excellent.

Ann, I’m looking forward to CS4!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 5, 2008
I don’t think that you will be disappointed.

🙂
B
Buko
Oct 5, 2008
CS4 rocks!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 5, 2008
And it rocks until it knocks your socks off once you install a suitable video card!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections