B
Posted By
BrianBrown
Jan 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I was working with vanishing point a lot for a big project, I had to files open, different version of the same file because I wanted to see if you closed the file if it would save your vanishing point grid. After I re-opened the file, which was saved under a slightly different name, vanishing point stopped working. Please help. Thank you.

Windows 2000 SP4
1 gig ram
2.93 Intel Celeron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
BrianBrown
Jan 3, 2007
Any ideas…anybody?
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 3, 2007
Brian. Try resetting your Preferences file first just to eliminate the possibility it has become corrupt. (See the FAQs for "how to") This can happen following a crash or a bad shut down ie: switching off the compluter before closing Photoshop properly.
B
BrianBrown
Jan 3, 2007
I always follow proper shutdown procedure, and it hasn’t crashed, but I will try that…thank you.
B
BrianBrown
Jan 3, 2007
I reset my prefs…no luck
tried a different file…nothing
restarted my comp…still nothing
I need my vanishing point filter, but my comp is the only one with photoshop on it… I’m going to shut down and leave it off for a little while…
B
BrianBrown
Jan 3, 2007
O_o It’s working now…whatever….

Thanks chris
BL
Bill_Lamp
Jan 7, 2007
Shut it down and leave it off awhile…. and it then works… Hhhmmmmm.

That sounds like heat build up and/or a component going bad.

I suggest getting Windows Memory Diagnostic off the Microsoft site (free). The file is windiag.iso and it boots the computer and runs from CD.

At least trying that will give you a memory chip check and either find what may be the problem or rule out memory as the cause. Be sure to read the text file on how to run it. You will probably want to have it cycle through the tests several times after the computer has been on for awhile to let the temperature build to its normal component temperature.

Good luck,
Bill
B
BrianBrown
Jan 8, 2007
I don’t have the OS CD, the problem is on my work computer. My home comp is fine. The VP filter is the only thing that’s ever acted strangely on this computer since I’ve been using it. Not saying that there couldn’t be a problem, but no other software has messed up, and I use a few programs for design and page layouts for catalogs and brochures. I will request the CD, though, maybe the test will reveal something. I’m not trying to shoot holes in your theory, and I sincerely appreciate your reply. Perhaps I should have given that information to begin with.
BL
Bill_Lamp
Jan 11, 2007
Brian,

IF your post #7 refers to my post #6, you download the windiag.iso file (CD image file) and burn IT to CD. Then the Windows computer boots from the CD. No system disk is required.

I used Nero to create the CD. Other software probably can do it as well. If you don’t have a program that can do it, perhaps you can put the file on a CD and have a friend or co-worker do it. I don’t know if it is available already on CD.

Bill

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections