A
Posted By
anendel
Oct 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Searched the forum and could only find this topic in the archives. It’s a problem that comes up once in a while.

I love to point out that the shortcut Command-~ (and command-1,2,3,…) is still hard coded in Photoshop.
As a user on a non-english keyboard it’s impossible to use the Command-~ shortcut. On Mac it’s not even listed, on windows, it’s listed but it can only be selected by pressing the shift key; so the shortcut doesn’t work.

Hopefully Adobe will add the possibility to change this shortcut once and for all.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Oct 1, 2008
You need to tell Adobe not us. we are just your fellow users.

you need to submit a feature request. click the send feedback link at the bottom of the page
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 1, 2008
Hopefully Adobe will add the possibility to change this shortcut once and for all.

They have. In CS4.

If you Cmd Click on the Composite Channel, you will get the same result as if you had used the old Cmd ~

That works in CS3 too.
A
anendel
Oct 1, 2008
made the feature request again (i already did that a couple of years ago too). But it’s good to know they did so in Cs4; means another (small) reason why it’s worth the upgrade 🙂 And yes, i know about the command and click; but what’s the point of a shortcut if i have to grab to my mouse..
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Oct 1, 2008
The no-mouse shortcut in CS4 is Cmd Option 2

The Channel shortcuts have been re-numbered with the Composite now being "2" and the next one (R, C, or Lightness depending on image mode) being "3". And so forth.

Cmd Option, plus the appropriate number, serves to select Highlights in the specified Channel.

Cmd Option Shift, plus the appropriate number, lets you add to the selection Channel by Channel.
I
icurate
Oct 1, 2008
Just to add on to Ann’s post;
They’re also including an optional plug-in for those of us that prefer to use the old keyboard shortcuts.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections