J
Posted By
jmattj
Jan 1, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I select a few pixels (10 to 20) and pick a brush to paint inside the selection, several pixels outside the selection window get tinted. I have turned anti-aliasing off and set the feathering to the lowest setting allowed (0.2), but it still won’t stay in the lines.

A similar issue occurs when I cut the selection (ctrl-x). Several tinted pixels are left behind. I want Photoshop to select ALL the pixels I select, but no more.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Jan 1, 2007
Can you post a screen capture?

<http://www.pixentral.com>
C
chrisjbirchall
Jan 1, 2007
and set the feathering to the lowest setting allowed (0.2),

Do you mean the selection’s feathering? This can be set to 0 (zero).
J
jmattj
Jan 1, 2007
Thanks! I was looking at the menu option Select->Feather which is 0.2.

Now I set the OTHER feather to zero both my problems were solved.
SA
Scott_A
Feb 1, 2007
Where do you set the "other" feather to zero. I am trying to create a droplet that will resize > fit image > create white border > then save and close. The problem is that when I select all, I can not change any settings except for border. When I change the border to say 25 px, then fill, I get a feathered fill. I want a sharp crisp fill. My marquis selection tool is set to 0 already but I don’t even think that matters when you use Select all. Any thoughts? And why cant I change the Feather/Expand/Contract when I select all anyways. Also, Transform selection doesn’t work because the images are sometimes horizontal and sometimes vertical so by transforming by a certain percentage, I get uneven results. Thanks for any suggestions.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections