H
Posted By
hlower
Dec 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
WHERE are the actions stored that I have added and show up in the photoshop actions menu?

I did create a backup, I just need to know where the modified action list in photoshop is stored.

Please reply directly as I am sitting here wondering how to get some work done now. I need them badly. Thanks so much.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DR
Danny_Raphael
Dec 31, 2006
It’s not clear from your post where you are having difficulties, so I’ll try to help out from a couple of perspectives…

1. If you’re wondering how to get .atn files from your hard disk "into" the Actions Palette, there are a couple ways to do this. Probably the easiest is to drag/drop the .atn file(s) from a Windows Explorer window into Photoshop’s window.

2. The other is to open the Actions Palette Menu and choose Load actions… from the menu. Locate the .atn file wherever it is saved on your hard disk.

3. If you are wondering how to get a given .atn file to show up in the Actions Palette Menu: * Shutdown Photoshop
* Put the .atn file in your equivalent of

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 8.0\Presets\Photoshop Actions

* Restart Photoshop

Note: Putting .atn files in this folder is not a requirement. It is a convenience.

4. If the name of the .atn file (less the ".atn") is listed at the bottom of the Actions Palette Menu, click on that menu entry to copy the action set into the Actions Palette.

Does any of this help?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections