SA
Posted By
Susan_Acree
Apr 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I volunteer and maintain a few websites for local non-profit organizations. I use Adobe PE for editing my digital pictures for the webs. Now I was trying to enhance/draw the simple logo for one organization which consists of a few straight lines. I have used the draw tool but my lines consist of jagged joined line segments and look amateurish. What do the pros use to create simple drawings? Is this what Adobe Illustrator is used for?

Thanks for information.
Susan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 28, 2004
Susan,

Could it be the angle at which your lines are drawn? If you’re using the line tool freehand, you may not have gotten the lines exactly horizontal, or vertical.

Pressing SHIFT while drawing with the line tool constrains the angle to 0, 45, 90, etc. degrees.

Just a thought.

Byron
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 28, 2004
It might also be the resolution of your document. 72 ppi is going to print jagged. Try going up to to 200 to 300 ppi and see if that makes a difference.
SA
Susan_Acree
Apr 30, 2004
Thanks everyone! I got it fixed.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections