JE
Posted By
Jerrold_Eggleston
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PSE2 software on a Datel PC with Windows XP operating system and have 512MB of RAM. IN my documents file I have approx. 350 photos taken at my High School reunion. For some unknown reason there appeared, on all of these photos, a small lock in the upper left portion of each photo. This lock symbol has not always been there and I don’t know how it got there,but it stops me from deleting any of them. Please tell me how to remove this symbol and how it got there in the first place. Did I do something wrong or what?
Thanks for any help you can give on this problem, Jerry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 27, 2004
Jerrold,

I’m going to presume that you are seeing the little lock symbols when you view the image thumbnails in PSE’s File Browser.

The lock symbol signifies that the Read-Only file attribute is set. I notice it most often when I’m working with images stored on, or copied from, CD-R. By nature, files stored on CD-R are read-only. If you copy them to your hard drive, they inherit the attribute.

I don’t use XP, but in Win98 the way to set multiple files’ attributes is to find them in Windows Explorer, select them all, and right-click to get to Properties. Then, click the Read-Only box to clear it. (It may take a couple of clicks to get all of the selected files synchronized on a single setting).

HTH,

Byron
JE
Jerrold_Eggleston
Apr 29, 2004
Byron, Thanks very much. The fix worked,even in windows XP. Later, Jerrold
BG
Byron Gale
Apr 29, 2004
Jerrold,

I’m happy it worked out. Thanks for verifying the fix.

Byron

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections