Copying from other apps and pasting inside PS CS2 not always working.

MR
Posted By
Mosh_Regel
Dec 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As stated, sometimes I copy some text of images from my browsers internet to paste into PhotoShop CS2 (under WinXP/SP2, with a dual processor Pentium 4 processor and 2Gb RAM). When I attempt to paste them, the first time it works, but sometimes the next copied objects have issues: the items will paste fine into other apps (they do get to be in the clipboard) but they won’t paste in PS. It’s like PS holds only the first item copied into memory and will paste it over and over. A workaround is to close PS and open it up again, but it’s getting cumbersome. Any ideas as to why could this be happening and what could the solution be?

Thanks, people.
_Mosh

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 28, 2006
as far as i know, it’s a bug. you can try the ‘always import clipboard’ reg setting in the goodies folder on the cd… but that’ll only take you so far.

dave
SR
Sean_Robertson
Jan 16, 2007
Going to Edit->Purge->All worked for me.
MR
Mosh_Regel
Jan 17, 2007
Thanks, Dave and Sean, for your answers. Sean, next time that happens, I will try your suggestion.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 17, 2007
Going to Edit->Purge->All worked for me.

doesn’t work after this ‘bug’ surfaces. restarting photoshop is the only thing i’ve found to fix it.
J
joerj11
Feb 8, 2007
I have the same problem, and have for a few months now. But my problem doesn’t seam to have anything to do with WMP11. I cannot find a fix for it. Any help would be great. Thx.

Oh and I’m running Vista, but I had exactly the same problem when running XP2.
J
joerj11
Feb 8, 2007
Correction. It is definitely WMP. I don’t know how I missed that before, but thats the problem. Any ideas on how to fix it? I’d hate to give up WMP, I use it to listen to music at work everyday.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections