Posted By
galleonsboy
Sep 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi There

I was wondering if anyone could help with an anti-aliasing problem. I produced my initial web concepts in illustrator then put them into photoshop as smart layers. The problem is that when I rasterize the smart layer I get anti-aliasing and though that is fine for some things, there are objects (squares, boxes etc I would rather not have it on). The illustrator files are pixel perfect (i.e. 50p x 50px) in their dimensions and my placement is pixel perfect (ie 29px down) in photoshop so it is not that they are not aligned on exact pixel positions. I cannot see any preferences, prompts etc for putting anti-aliasing on or off for smart layers!

Any ideas

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 24, 2008
I don’t understand why you need to bring the Illustrator objects into Photoshop in the first place because you can Save for Web directly out of Illustrator.

Why not stay in Illustrator, arrange your page and Place any Photoshop images in it, and output directly from Ai?
G
galleonsboy
Sep 25, 2008
Hi Ann

Thanks for the reply, yes I know what you mean regarding leaving it in illustrator and sometimes I do, but nearly all the web developer guys I produce the designed pages for don’t like using illustrator. The preferred medium is always photoshop. I am sure there is probably a technical reason why they prefer layered photoshop files but as I don’t use flash I don’t know what it is. Maybe you could enlighten me?

Thanks 🙂
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 25, 2008
nearly all the web developer guys I produce the designed pages for don’t like using illustrator.>

Possibly because:

a.) They don’t have<i/> Illustrator?
b.) They don’t know how to use Illustrator?

8/
NT
Nini Tj
Sep 25, 2008
My personal opinion on this is:
– because the results in Photoshop are MUCH better than in Illustrator. Particularly when it comes to text, but also for other things. It is hard to get good results for the web from Illustrator. (Yes, I know how to use Illustrator).
SW
Scott_Weichert
Sep 25, 2008
I’d agree with both of Anne’s numbers… And I’d agree with Nini as well.

Photoshop does a much better job at saving web content, even from a Smart Object.

Unfortunately, galleonsboy, there is no way to control the anti-aliasing applied to smart object. At least not that I’ve found.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections