Posted By
Cecil_Fuselier
Dec 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So Frustrated and need help.
I posted this earlier, but wanted to see if maybe someone can help. I am new to the Adobe forum, but not new to Adobe products…probably have everything that they make. I am using a Toshiba P105-S6084 laptop with Windows XP Pro Media Center 2002. I started using Elements 4.0 then went to Elements 5.0. Love both products. Decided to download the CS2 Trial version. Awesome…so I went out and purchased the full version. Used my Key Code to activate the trial version. Used it for 4 weeks without a problem. Started having some slow down problems, so decided to un-install CS2 and re-install with my full version. Get half way throught the intall and get a message: Please insert Windows XP Pro CD ROM (of course dont have CDs since Windows is bundled on the laptop as OEM).

Bottom line: Microsoft wont talk to me about the problem, they refer me to the computer manufacturer since OEM. Toshiba passes the problem back to Microsoft since "we are not responsible for software issues" (even though they elect to install it on the machine). I was on the phone with Adobe help yesterday for 4 hours (not an exaggeration) and the guy tried his best to help. Said probably the only one that could help would be Toshiba. They refuse to supply the disks, and they have compressed all of the OS files so that you cannot even browse to where the needed files are.

I am sorry for being so long winded, but I am missing using CS2 and have a lot of photo shoots coming up.

The issue is that CS2 is looking for the IIS file (and I know that CS2 does not need that file) but it is looking for it to continue the install.

Any any any help will be appreciated and thanks for bearing with me. Cecil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 27, 2006
Cecil, create a new topic for your issue. Your posting has nothing to do with optical character recognition or editable text, which is the topic where you posted it.
CF
Cecil_Fuselier
Dec 27, 2006
Sorry, I am so new to this I could not find the ‘create a new topic"..please direct me to that and I will re-direct the message…see how frustrated I am…thanks for the tolerance
Cecil
C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 27, 2006
Add Topic is directly above the topics list.
N
nospam
Dec 27, 2006
My advice is to revert back to Windows 2000, PS7 etc, and shitcan any future software that entails product activation.

It was only a matter of time before greed came back to bite software developers (and consumers) in the ass.

wrote in message
So Frustrated and need help.
I posted this earlier, but wanted to see if maybe someone can help. I am new to the Adobe forum, but not new to Adobe
products…probably have everything that they make. I am using a Toshiba P105-S6084 laptop with Windows XP Pro Media Center 2002. I
started using Elements 4.0 then went to Elements 5.0. Love both products. Decided to download the CS2 Trial version. Awesome…so I
went out and purchased the full version. Used my Key Code to activate the trial version. Used it for 4 weeks without a problem.
Started having some slow down problems, so decided to un-install CS2 and re-install with my full version. Get half way throught the
intall and get a message: Please insert Windows XP Pro CD ROM (of course dont have CDs since Windows is bundled on the laptop as
OEM).
Bottom line: Microsoft wont talk to me about the problem, they refer me to the computer manufacturer since OEM. Toshiba passes the
problem back to Microsoft since "we are not responsible for software issues" (even though they elect to install it on the machine).
I was on the phone with Adobe help yesterday for 4 hours (not an exaggeration) and the guy tried his best to help. Said probably the
only one that could help would be Toshiba. They refuse to supply the disks, and they have compressed all of the OS files so that you
cannot even browse to where the needed files are.
I am sorry for being so long winded, but I am missing using CS2 and have a lot of photo shoots coming up.

The issue is that CS2 is looking for the IIS file (and I know that CS2 does not need that file) but it is looking for it to
continue the install.
Any any any help will be appreciated and thanks for bearing with me. Cecil
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 27, 2006
Just out of interest, in case I don’t see your new post, apart from not understanding why the installation of an application should require the OS CDROM, you can normally satisfy this request by browsing to the C:\i386 directory on your hard drive.
CF
Cecil_Fuselier
Dec 27, 2006
Dont want to bore this thread with this specific problem and I am going to try to post in appropriate thread, but, there is no option to browse to other directory AND if I could I am told that Toshiba has compressed all of its files/folders so that one cannot have access to them…sorry again for the inappropriate thread post…I am learning a lot from you guys. Thanks
Cecil
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 27, 2006
See you in the new thread!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections