KC
Posted By
Ken_Cool
Dec 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can i import data sets that are not in csv or tab-delimited ones, i worked in a microsoft word document with a table containing rows and columns, and data in cells contains tabs, commas, line breaks.

i’m actually working for the yearbook, and it’s a big task to put more than a hundred names w/ their description in the template…

tried converting that document to csv and tab-delimited by copying and pasting it to an excel file, but it fails, becuase excel seems to create a separate row for each line of text

is there a solution for this? plugins?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 27, 2006
You aren’t going to get any help importing data sets that are not in the proper format. You need to go to Microsoft help fora to find out how to get the data in the proper format. However, formatting even a hundred lines of data manually should not be very time consuming or challenging.
KC
Ken_Cool
Dec 28, 2006
hm…is there a plugin or way to make photoshop import tables made in microsoft word as data sets, or at least excel?
L
LenHewitt
Dec 28, 2006
or at least excel?<<

If you can get the data into Excel you can save it as .CSV text file. You can import a .CSV (either comma or tab separated) as a data set.
KC
Ken_Cool
Dec 29, 2006
hm…i had tried it…
data in ms word includes carriage returns, when paste to an excel, it creates confusing rows, i exported the excel to csv, but it can’t be imported, i tried opening the csv file, and it’s truly in a wrong format!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections