how to do a radial expansion / scaling ?

G
Posted By
guillaumerava
Mar 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I am trying to rescale a picture with a higher scaling factor towards the edges of the picture – any idea how to do that?

As for example, imagine a picture in the shape of a donut. I want to expand the donut, but keep the same radius for the inner circle of the donut. This radial scaling would expand the picture more as you go towards the outer edge of the donut, but would preserve the scale at the inner edge.

Thanks,
Guillaume.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BV
Bart van der Wolf
Mar 4, 2004
"Guillaume Rava" wrote in message
Hi,
I am trying to rescale a picture with a higher scaling factor towards the edges of the picture – any idea how to do that?

You could try a "Displace" filter.
Depending on the size, you could also look at the "Liquify" filter.

Bart
M
mxduffie
Mar 4, 2004
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:13:23 +0100, "Bart van der Wolf" wrote:

Depending on the size, you could also look at the "Liquify" filter.

Hmm…would there be a way to apply a circularly linear liquify?

How about the distort filter. Enlarge overly large to accommodate the outside diameter and then distort to shrink the center? Sorry, I’m not fluent in all of those operations and can’t bring it up to experiment right now, but I know what I’m trying to say. The filter I’m thinking of shows a distorted grid.

gm

Replace x in adr with c
R
RTM
Mar 4, 2004
Try the ‘Polar Co-ordinates’ filter.

Ron.

Guillaume Rava wrote in message
Hi,

As for example, imagine a picture in the shape of a donut. I want to expand the donut, but keep the same radius for the inner circle of the donut. This radial scaling would expand the picture more as you go towards the outer edge of the donut, but would preserve the scale at the inner edge.

Thanks,
Guillaume.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections