MF
Posted By
Marci_Fermier
Sep 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has a real solution been found for this problem yet?
Turning off all extra fonts has not worked (not a realistic workaround anyway). Running Cocktail has not worked.
Deleting all Photoshop prefs has not worked.

I am about to lose my mind — Photoshop is nearly useless to me at this point as I cannot open any of my client-supplied files without immediately receiving the "program error" message, and having to force quit.

Running CS3 on OS 10.5.5

Someone help, please!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Sep 23, 2008
Turning off all extra fonts has not worked (not a realistic workaround anyway).

That suggestion is not "a workaround" at all. It’s THE solution if problems are caused by a problem font.

But that error message is too generic and can be caused by a very wide variety of things:

* Insufficient unfragmented scratch disk space;

* Boot drive (or other attached drive) too full;

* Careless or non-existent routine maintenance;

* a DVD in the drive;

* bad karma; etc.
NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 24, 2008
Marci,

Turning off all extra fonts has not worked (not a realistic workaround anyway)

Then you need to manage your fonts with Font Agent Pro. And use it to check for bad or duplicate activated fonts — as well as to create sets of fonts for each project, client, or whatever. Just don’t leave all your fonts activated. It clutters up the font menu and slows down your system, even if everything else is working fine.

Neil
NT
Nini Tj
Sep 24, 2008
See answers in the other thread. This is a duplicate.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections