RB
Posted By
Robert_Barnett
Dec 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of a Script that can cut up an image. For example if I have a panorama that is 30 feet long I could tell the script to cut it in to 20 pieces or 30 pieces or even 2 rows of 30 columns, it would then cut it up placing each piece in a new document and then save it?

Thanks,

Robert

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LL
Larry_Ligon
Dec 27, 2006
Robert,

What version of Photoshop are you using?

What is the format of the destination files? JPG, GIF, PSD?

I’ve been working on a script to do this. I’ve got the parts but I haven’t put them all together into a single script.

Larry Ligon
RB
Robert_Barnett
Dec 27, 2006
Photoshop CS2 (Windows) as far as the output format I don’t care. I can always convert after the image is cut up.

Robert

wrote in message
Robert,

What version of Photoshop are you using?

What is the format of the destination files? JPG, GIF, PSD?
I’ve been working on a script to do this. I’ve got the parts but I haven’t put them all together into a single script.

Larry Ligon

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 27, 2006
Theoretically it could be done with an Action. I used to use an action that cut a spread in half and outputted two files. The trick was to use Canvas Size, Save the result and expand back to the original size. I am not sure I would want to attempt it with 20 or 30 pieces, but I do think it could be done.
LL
Larry_Ligon
Dec 27, 2006
I’ve got the code to do this. Just have to put it together.

Larry
C
chrisjbirchall
Dec 27, 2006
I’ve got the code to do this. Just have to put it together.

I’m sure I heard somebody say that recently about… erm… something called CS3? 🙂

Only joking 😉 The Beta’s good. Once all the code is "put together" the release should be great.
RB
Robert_Barnett
Dec 27, 2006
Yah, but you have to create a new action for however many rows and/or columns you want the images cut in to. I don’t want to do that. I want a script with an interface that I can tell it to take this directory of images and cut each one in to 2 rows by 3 columns or cut each image in to 8×10 segments and then save each cut segment in a separate file. Since Adobe doesn’t seem to think actions need interface elements other than the Photoshop feature it calls up or that they need if/then logic processing statements actions won’t cut it (pardon the pun).

Unfortunately also Adobe has done a fairly poor job with the Scripting in Photoshop. They have gone out of their way to make it as archaic and difficult as possible and to provide mediocre documentation besides. Otherwise I would write one of my own.

Robert
LL
Larry_Ligon
Dec 28, 2006
Robert,

I have something for you.

It cuts to the Photoshop file format. You can then use Image Processor to change them to other file formats.

What is the maximun number of row and columns that you want?

Currently, it is set for:
maximum rows = 30
maximun columns = 30

Larry Ligon
RB
Robert_Barnett
Dec 28, 2006
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>So that would be 1 Row/column up to 30 rows/columns? That is plenty even for the largest panorama.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>You can send it to </FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>mice_on_rollerskates[AT]yahoo.com. please replace the [AT] with @.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Robert</FONT></DIV>
LL
Larry_Ligon
Dec 28, 2006
Robert,

I sent it to you.

Larry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections