Posted By
Wendy_Frost
Sep 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I have a 3-channel spot color job that I’m converting to two, and am perplexed why I can’t merge. If I click on a channel, say PMS 123,or click on both channels (PMS 123 and PMS 123) and the right arrow for options, "Merge Spot Channel" and "Merge Channels…" are greyed out. Same if I rename one of the channels, say 123 and 345.

I originally tried to just place the file in Illustrator but got the warning: "The file contains duplicate spot color names. Spot color names need to be unique. Please resolve the naming conflict and try reopening this file."

D’oh!

Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MO
Mike_Ornellas
Sep 23, 2008
You want the easy answer or hard one?
WF
Wendy_Frost
Sep 23, 2008
Easy or hard! (How hard could it be, LOL?)

The file in question is called out as a grayscale image w/spot channels. The two other ‘sleuths’ that I have on the case are saying to convert it to an RGB or CMYK color space. Even then, it’s not merging.

I can send you the file in question…is there any way to do that through this site, or would I have to go via personal e-mail? (The files are extremely small; e-mail would work fine, or you could log on to our FTP site.)

Thanks,

Wendy
WF
Wendy_Frost
Sep 23, 2008
Never mind!

It worked after all…

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections