W
Posted By
westdr1dw
Dec 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an image of a bronze statute that I would like smooth the surface texture.

The statue is 19 feet tall and has several craters.

I am using CS2

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 22, 2006
wrote in message
I have an image of a bronze statute that I would like smooth the surface texture.

I am using CS2

Thanks.
Copy the layer and apply a 5 – 10 (experiment) Guassian blur to it depending on image resolution. Then adjust the opacity of the layer to allow some of the background layer’s detail to show through. You can also apply a layer mask to the blurred layer to mask out the areas you do not want blurred.

HTH
MH
W
westdr1dw
Dec 23, 2006
Mike:

Thanks for the response. The Guassian blur was also the first filter I tried. I also attempted altering the opacity.

I was thinking on the Plastic wrap under the Artistic drop down. The Artistic filters are dimmed out? I have also opened other images with the same results, Artistic filters are dimmed.

Mike Hyndman wrote:
wrote in message

I am using CS2

Thanks.
Copy the layer and apply a 5 – 10 (experiment) Guassian blur to it depending on image resolution. Then adjust the opacity of the layer to allow some of the background layer’s detail to show through. You can also apply a layer mask to the blurred layer to mask out the areas you do not want blurred.
HTH
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 23, 2006
wrote in message
Mike:

Thanks for the response. The Guassian blur was also the first filter I tried. I also attempted altering the opacity.

I was thinking on the Plastic wrap under the Artistic drop down. The Artistic filters are dimmed out? I have also opened other images with the same results, Artistic filters are dimmed.

Are you working in 16 bit? A number of filters are unavailable in this mode, you need to be in 8 bit.

HTH
MH
Mike Hyndman wrote:
wrote in message

I am using CS2

Thanks.
Copy the layer and apply a 5 – 10 (experiment) Guassian blur to it depending
on image resolution. Then adjust the opacity of the layer to allow some of
the background layer’s detail to show through. You can also apply a layer mask to the blurred layer to mask out the areas you do not want blurred.
HTH
MH
W
westdr1dw
Dec 23, 2006
Mike;

Thanks for pointing that out. I was in 16 bit.

Mike Hyndman wrote:
wrote in message
Mike:

Are you working in 16 bit? A number of filters are unavailable in this mode, you need to be in 8 bit.

HTH
MH
Mike Hyndman wrote:
wrote in message

I am using CS2

Thanks.
on image resolution. Then adjust the opacity of the layer to allow some of
the background layer’s detail to show through. You can also apply a layer mask to the blurred layer to mask out the areas you do not want blurred.
HTH
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Dec 23, 2006
wrote in message
Mike;

Thanks for pointing that out. I was in 16 bit.

You’re very welcome 😉

MH
Mike Hyndman wrote:
wrote in message
Mike:

Are you working in 16 bit? A number of filters are unavailable in this mode,
you need to be in 8 bit.

HTH
MH
Mike Hyndman wrote:
wrote in message

I am using CS2

Thanks.
on image resolution. Then adjust the opacity of the layer to allow some
of
the background layer’s detail to show through. You can also apply a layer
mask to the blurred layer to mask out the areas you do not want blurred.

HTH
MH

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections