J
Posted By
jbeech
Dec 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m making some wallpaper out of some pictures of my products. It’s kind of grunt work and I wonder if there’s a way to automate some of it. Basically I’m opening a photo (either I’ve shot the photo or I have permission, so there are no copyright issues, of course).

Anyway, first I select Image>image size and resize it. Naturally sometimes the aspect ratio isn’t what I want so I must crop as well. For example, to end up with a 1600×1200 image I’ll first change the horizontal to 1600px and see if the vertical is 1200px. If it is I’m done, but if it’s less than 1200 then I’ll change the vertical to 1200 instead and then crop the horizontal to 1600. Usually I have to be smart about how I’m cropping things for this first image. So that’s it, basically I’m making a 1600×1200 image at 72 dpi which can be used as wallpaper.

Now here’s where it really gets kind of tedious. That’s because next I do the very same thing again, but this time resizing the image to 1280×1024, then again at 1024×768, aagin at 800×600, and finally at 640×480. By the way, after the first image is made at 1600×1200 I don’t have to worry too much about being careful when cropping because things are really close enough for the subsequent resolutions.

Now for my question, is there a way to automate some of this? I don’t mind too much making that first 1600×1200 because I need to be careful to crop correctly andthat takes a little bit of a brain, but God I’m sick of the subsequent images! Is there a way to run an action or somehtig to spit out the subsequent images?

Thanks in advance folks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Dec 22, 2006
Once the first bunch of images are at 1600×100 pixels, you can record an action to resize to whatever you want and run it as a batch. You would need to record an action and run a batch for every size you want.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections