GG
Posted By
gene_goolic
Dec 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Every time I open Photoshop Elements 5.0, "My Music", "My Pictures" & "Updater" folders automatically get inserted in My Documents on Windows Explorer. How do I make this stop?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Dec 21, 2006
This is the Photoshop forum, may I suggest the Photoshop Elements forum, down the hall:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.eeb4f8b/?14@@>
SF
Scott_Falkner
Dec 21, 2006
Those folders (well, maybe not "Updater") are added by Windows. The purpose seems to be to piss people off and treat Windows users like total idiots.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 21, 2006
But Adobe applications are world leaders in creating folders and such that you don’t want and won’t go away.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Dec 21, 2006
But Adobe applications are world leaders in creating folders and such that you don’t want and won’t go away.

True, but these particular PITFA folders are a Windows annoyance. At least you don’t get (or maybe just don’t mind) the Adobe Stock Photos folder.
SM
Stuart_McCoy
Dec 22, 2006
Oh, yeah Scott, because OSX doesn’t have pictures, music of documents folders too. This is a Windows only folder with no parallel on other OSes. You are such a frigging idiot. It is clear you have no clue about Windows yet you insist on making an ass of yourself by posting these dumb rants.

Gene,

These are Windows folders, except for updater. Elements likely creates them because it looks for their existence as the default location for saving pictures. If it doesn’t find them it recreates them. Despite the idiot’s,er Scott’s, rant, these are begin recreated by Photoshop Elements, not by Windows (though they were initially part of the default Windows install). They do no harm to keep around and one wonders why you want to delete them?
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 22, 2006
Stuart

Firstly there’s no call for such personal abuse in an innocuous discussion.

Secondly, if you had bothered to read the whole thread, instead of launching into your vitriolic rant, you might have noticed that we had gone on to discuss folders other than those mentioned by Gene.
L
LenHewitt
Dec 22, 2006
Stuart,

Bringing your vitriol into the product forums will not be tolerated.
ES
EDM_spamblock_
Dec 22, 2006

1. Open Windows Media Player 9 (if you have it)

2. Navigate to Tools/Options/Copy Music tab

3. In "copy music to this location" click the "change" button. Choose location other than "My Music" and hit the "apply" button. You should be able to delete the "My Music" folder now, and it should not come back.

If you’re using WMP10, the preference is located at:

Tools/Options/Rip Music/Change

If you have RealPlayer 10 installed, you need to also do the following, or the My Music folder will be recreated:

1. Navigate to Tools/Preferences

2. Choose General from list on the left-hand pane

3. Change location of "My Library Files"

As for the "My Pictures" folder, this can be created (or recreated) by any number of programs, but the most
common is probably MS Office Picture Manager. If you
can’t figure out which program is doing it, you can always move it to another location. Open up a "My Computer" window, and navigate to where you want this folder
placed. Then open up the "My Documents" window, and click-drag the My Pictures folder icon to the My
Computer window. XP will update all of its internal
My Pictures links to the new location.

wrote in message
Every time I open Photoshop Elements 5.0, "My Music", "My Pictures" & "Updater" folders automatically get inserted in My Documents
on Windows Explorer. How do I make this stop?
SM
Stuart_McCoy
Dec 22, 2006
John,

I did read the thread and the only other folder mentioned by anyone other than Gene, including you, was the Adobe Stock Photos folder (which is created by Bridge I believe). If Scott hates Windows so much why does he bother to post in the Windows forums? His anti-MS FUD is as welcome here as anti-Mac comments are in the Mac forums. They are unnecessary, unwelcome, and contribute nothing to the discussion whatsoever.

Len,

Bite me. When you learn how to be a fair forum moderator I might listen to what you have to say.
L
LenHewitt
Dec 22, 2006
Stuart,

I might listen to what you have to say.<<<

Well if you don’t your access will go…
GM
Gary_McMillan
Dec 23, 2006
Professional forums, such as here, are no place for personal slaughter.

If you are not attempting to learn, I hope the moderator will do his/her job.

Please consider how you appear in a glass bowl such as this is here.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections