RK
Posted By
Roy_Kramer
Apr 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have cut and pasted a selection from a 0picture I am working with. The selection I pasted shows that it is on its own palette. I try to perform a horizontal flip of the pasted item but the entire picture flips. I try hiding the main picture and just showing the pasted palette but that doesn’t work either. I just did this last night and it worked so well, tonight I can’t get away from the entire picutre wanting to flip. Can someone help me. I’m using Elements 2.
Thank you.
Roy Kramer

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 22, 2004
wrote
The selection I pasted shows that it is on its own palette.

Roy,

I wonder if you mean that the pasted selection is on it’s own LAYER…

In that event, you can rotate just that layer from the menu:

Image > Rotate > Flip LAYER Horizontal (My capitalization for emphasis).

The commands near the top of the Rotate menu affect the document, while those lower down affect the layer or, if you have an active selection, the selection.

(This was one of my own early posts for help when I started using PSE, so I know it well!!)

HTH,

Byron
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 22, 2004
Roy,

Make sure when you "flip" the layer that you choose flip "layer" horizontal or vertical.

Go to Image>Rotate>Flip Layer Horizontal.

dick
RK
Roy_Kramer
Apr 22, 2004
Funny how stupid a person can feel by overlooking the simple things. Thanks for the help. Your suggestions were right on.
Roy
DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 22, 2004
Pleae, don’t feel that way at all. A lot of us learned the answers the same way!

Dick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections