CA
Posted By
Clint_Anderson
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having trouble figuring out how to use the Custom Shape Tool. I select the photo, open it and then select the shape to be cropped from the custom shape tool. [Let’s say for instance the "star" shape] I drag the shape to the photo and outline the part of the photo I want cropped in the star shape. What I end up with is a black star covering the part of the photo I’m trying to crop. How can I reverse the situation so that I end up with a star shaped cropped photo? I use an Apple computer so if any Mac users have had this problem, I would appreciate your input as it applies to OSX 10, operating system…Thanks…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 21, 2004
Hi, Clint. Draw your star, then go over to the layers palette and drag it (the star layer) below the layer you want to crop to that shape. If the existing layer is a background layer, you’ll have to double-click it in the layers palette first to get it to let you put another layer underneath it. Then press command +G or go to layer>group with previous.
MS
Mark_Sand
Apr 21, 2004
Barbara, Thanks for the tip.
Clint, one more step is needed to actually extract the cropped picture. Select the picture layer (top layer of the group) and then CTRL-click the shape layer. This selects the outlined picture, which you can then copy and paste into a new image or whatever.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 21, 2004
Thanks, Mark. I did forget that part. Clint, on the mac you want to command + click.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections