JH
Posted By
Jack_Heisner
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After I save a file as a TIFF in Photoshop Elements 2, it does not show in the folder as TIFF but rather as a "Microsoft Office Document Imaging File." Does anyone know if there is some setting I should change to solve this problem?
My OS is Windows XP Home addition.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 20, 2004
Jack,

Your installation of Windows has the TIFF file type associated with a program other than PSE2. You could find out exactly which program by simply double-clicking on a TIFF file to see which app opens.

If you wish to set your TIFF file type association to PSE2, you can do it from the menu in PSE2:

Edit > File Association…

This opens up a list of graphic file types which PSE2 can open, and which are associated with it in the Windows registry. Click the box next to TIFF and then OK to tell Windows to open PSE2 whenever you double-click a TIFF file. This should also set a PSE2 icon and file type description for you to see in Windows Explorer.

HTH,

Byron
JH
Jack_Heisner
Apr 20, 2004
Byron
Thanks for your help.

Jack

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections