Version Cue 3.1.0 What is it and Do I need it?

R
Posted By
Rothrock-
Sep 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get a message when I try and use the adobe updater for my CS3 that Adobe Version Cue Client 3.1.0 update failed to install because the update connot be applied to the product. Please re-install the product and try again.

I got this last March (or so) when I got a new computer and installed the CS3 onto my iMac.

Since then I’ve consistently gotten that message. I noticed there is a sticky at the top of this forum that suggests that I download FixVCUIFramework and run that — which I have done — but I still get the error message.

According to the Version Cue icon in my System preferences I do have version 3.1.0. So why do I keep getting it in my list of available updates? And in the end, what is it? And if I haven’t used it yet, do I need it?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Sep 9, 2008
If you have never used it chances are you don’t need it. Its used to keep track of files in a work group environment.
R
Rothrock-
Sep 10, 2008
I thought it might be something like that. I guess I don’t need it. But I’m still kind of annoyed that it seems to tell me both that the update is needed (but can’t be installed) and that it is already installed.

Well in a month or two I might not have to worry about it since CS4 is (somewhere) on the way! 🙂 Thanks Buko.
B
Buko
Sep 11, 2008
But then you will need to deal with CS4s Version Cue

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections