Posted By
Steve_at_316
Sep 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A Quick Update:
I did not touch either of the external drives. While I was deciding on what to do, another situation arose; Remember part of my original post, "New on the horizon: HD Video Editing/Final Cut."? Well this has come to a head and I needed to move forward on this. After a bit of research, I quickly realized I had a bigger problem… Disc space HD Video Editing. This forced a new purchase of two internal 1 TB Drives.

Here is the adjusted set up;

(2) 23" HP2335’s
MacPro 2 x 2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon – MAC OS 10.5.4
18 GB 800 Mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM
Internal Drive 1 = 320GB from Apple, Dedicated System Drive, Applications, etc. Internal Drive 2 = 320GB Hitachi partitioned in half. 50% Main Media/working Files, etc. 50% Scratch disc.
Internal Drive 3 = 1TB Seagate Barracuda – (awaiting set recommendation. Slotted as FCE Scratch) Internal Drive 4 = 1TB Seagate Barracuda – (awaiting set recommendation. Slotted as FCE BU until an external is available)

External Drive 1 = 750GB GTECH SATA II, 7200 RPM/16MB cache – Personal Freelance Media/working Files
External Drive 2 = 1TB Maxtor, 1 Touch. I’m not too fond of this drive, but I have it and use for a dedicated Time Machine B/U. (FYI – I also have an off-site b/u server)

Thats all for now.
Thank you for all those who commented.

Steve

Ps. The part of my original post: "I can take that part of the conversation to another forum." I will be posting in the FCE forum.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections