NT
Posted By
Nicholas_T
Dec 17, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Found this on another site; fixed my "Problem with trial" error, and not only that, it effectively disables the trial functionality and you can run past the 30 day limit which a CS2 key gives you:

* Make sure CS3 is not running
* Go into the ‘C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\AMT’ folder * Rename application.sif to application.xx
* Run CS3 and you won’t ever see the trial window ever again

BTW: This isn’t condoning pirated software. No cracks are needed, just a single file rename. If Adobe can’t deliver proper trial enabling code that works, we’ll fight to defeat them. And we will win.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

X
x2lls
Dec 17, 2006
On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:33:10 -0800, wrote:

Found this on another site; fixed my "Problem with trial" error, and not only that, it effectively disables the trial functionality and you can run past the 30 day limit which a CS2 key gives you:

* Go into the ‘C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\AMT’ folder * Rename application.sif to application.xx
BTW: This isn’t condoning pirated software. No cracks are needed, just a single file rename. If Adobe can’t deliver proper trial enabling code that works, we’ll fight to defeat them. And we will win.

And therefore be a pirate?

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
———————————————————- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
———————————————————- http://www.usenet.com
3F
3Putt from South Carolina
Dec 17, 2006
wrote in message

Already posted in this group….and the CS3 download is only Beta.
X
xxjoeshmoxx
Jan 20, 2007
At FIRST, I renamed application.sif to something and the beta worked perfectly. I no longer got the trial screen and such.

However after about 3 weeks it stopped working altogether. at first i tried a restart no go. then i thought well maybe the rename didn’t really get rid of the trial period. however, i did figure out a work around. I’m not sure if this happened to anyone else but here is what I did to access the beta once again.

i went back to the application.sif file and renamed it back to it’s original name. then i ran cs3 beta.. boom i got the trial screen again. (which before i couldn’t even get to)

i hit "quit" then went back to application.sif, renamed it.. and TADA!.. CS3 Beta was up and running again..

although i might be the only loser that ran into this problem..i figured i’d post something just incase it happens to others.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections