TB
Posted By
Tom_Baker
Aug 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS2 set to launch on startup (10.4.9), which it does, but along with the launch always comes a message: "Adobe Updater cannot be started. Please reinstall the program."

Is there some fix for this, some .plist or something I can throw away, or do I really have to go back to the installer disks and try to reinstall this pesky program? Or is there some way I just get rid of it? Since this is CS2, and the rest of the world has moved on to CS3, I doubt there are any more updates for it to look for anyway, are there?

Tom

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Aug 16, 2008
just tell Photoshop to not check for updates.

9.0.2 is the latest and there will be no more.

Also you should update your system to 10.4.11
TB
Tom_Baker
Aug 16, 2008
Thanks Buko. But I can’t find where to tell Photoshop not to check for updates. I’ve gone carefully through every single PS pref window, and as far as I can see there is no such option.

So just how do you tell Photoshop not to check for updates?

Tom
R
Ram
Aug 16, 2008
"Adobe Updater cannot be started. Please reinstall the program."

You need to download and apply the latest update for the Adobe Updater. DO NOT go back to the installer disks
GB
g_ballard
Aug 16, 2008
Photoshop> Help> Updates

or SEARCH HD for "Adobe Updater"

Then Preferences…
TB
Tom_Baker
Aug 16, 2008
Thanks everybody–that did it! What I did was search all the drives for Adobe Updater, and finally found the folder the program was hiding in. It is a separate application from any of the other CS2 apps. I launched it, then opened its preferences, turned off "check for updates," and also unchecked the boxes next to all the CS2 applications that it was supposed to search for updates for.

That killed it. I restarted the Mac, and the dialogue box demanding that I reinstall the program was gone.

Success! Thanks again for the help!

Tom

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections