LD
Posted By
Lyman_DeLiguori
Aug 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to update Photoshop CS2 with the latest RAW plug-in. I’ve found the file on the Site for CS3 but not so for CS2. Any help greatly appreciated.

Also, I received an error message in Bridge (CS2) stating that my RAW plug-in may be corrupt and should be replaced. Is there a separate RAW Plug-in for Bridge?

Thanks,

Lyman

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Aug 8, 2008
the newest plugin for CS2 is version 3.7

It is in the download section of this site
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 8, 2008
Both Bridge and Photoshop reference the same ACR plug-in.

Also both ACR (now at v. 4.5) and Photoshop have progressed a long way since CS2 and you might want to check them out.
LD
Lyman_DeLiguori
Aug 8, 2008
Hi Ann,

Thank you. What is ‘ACR’? I’ve thought of doing the upgrade but finances do not permit it right now.

I did note in the upgrade instructions that it said words to the effect of "Use the update tool as found within Help in CS2′. One cannot upgrade the RAW file that way as it merely looks online and is not finding anything.

Thanks,

Lyman
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 8, 2008
What is ‘ACR’

Adobe Camera RAW.

This is the software which enables you to open RAW files in either Photoshop or Bridge.

It gets updated about four times a year with improvements and modules for newly-introduced cameras.

Unfortunately, CS2 can only use the updates of the ACR plug-in up to version 3.7 — you have to be using CS3 to use the newest ACR 4.5.
LD
Lyman_DeLiguori
Aug 8, 2008
Thanks. I’ve downloaded 3.7 but directions for installing it are few and far between and I’ve had zero luck locating at URL. Can you assist?

As always, thank you for your help!

Lyman
B
Buko
Aug 8, 2008
ACR 3.7 plugin goes here.

Your hard drive/Library/Aplication Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CS2/File Formats
LD
Lyman_DeLiguori
Aug 9, 2008
Buko,

Thank you. I thought that perhaps it had to be imported in.

Again, thanks.

Lyman

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections