JJ
Posted By
jo_jeffery
Apr 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem with Photoshop 7 that has only recently occured without me having knowingly changed any settings. It seems that when I attempt to either transform (in integers or freehand) a geometric shape, it does not ‘update’ the image, therefore the edges appear zig zagged as if cut roughly. I have reinstalled Photoshop to reset the preferences, but the problem still occurs. The image also prints this way and displays poorly in other image manipulation programs. I have tried saving the image in different formats and resolutions, but with no joy.

I have also noticed that my cursors do not display correctly, if I return to standard in the preferences, they still only show the crosshair. Is this related?

Please help!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 14, 2004
This is the Elements forum, so you might want to post this on the forum for full PS. However, I couple of things caught my attention. On most systems (as a matter of fact all I know of) reinstalling does NOT reset the Preference folder. That has to be done manually. There’s a keyboard shortcut so it can be done without an uninstall/reinstall. You might try it and see if it helps. It should be:

With PS closed, click on the start up icon and then make a QUICK grab for the (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. A new folder will rebuild as the launch continues. Or, at least this is the Elements keyboard routine, but I think it’s the same in full PS.

I also see where you’re getting the crosshair. Do you have caps lock on by any chance?

If neither of these suggestions help, I suggest trying the other forum. Good luck.
JJ
jo_jeffery
Apr 14, 2004
I have a problem with Photoshop 7 that has only recently occured without me having knowingly changed any settings. It seems that when I attempt to either transform (in integers or freehand) a geometric shape, it does not ‘update’ the image, therefore the edges appear zig zagged as if cut roughly. I have reinstalled Photoshop to reset the preferences, but the problem still occurs. The image also prints this way and displays poorly in other image manipulation programs. I have tried saving the image in different formats and resolutions, but with no joy.
I have also noticed that my cursors do not display correctly, if I return to standard in the preferences, they still only show the crosshair. Is this related?
Please help!
CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 14, 2004
2 things:

1) Reinstalling PS does not reset prefs. See the FAQ for instructions.

2) The mouse pointer: try hitting CAPSLOCK.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections