RF
Posted By
Rikk_Flohr
Dec 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS for Windows. I have KPT Collection installed on my computer.
I went to use KPT Lightning today and it worked the first time. The next time I went to use it, I was told "Could not complet the KPT XXX Command becuase the file could not be found"
It turns out the entire KPT Suite is MIA now and I get the same message with XXX replaced by whatever effect I am trying to activate.

I install plugins to a central folder called C:\Plugins\ because I have other Image Editing Programs using the same plugins. KPT is working in both Paint Shop Pro and Corel PhotoPaint with no problem.
I am not seeing any other issues with Plugins installed in this folder in Photoshop either.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

OS XP SP2,
2 GB Ram
40 GB Scratch Disk – Empty

Rikk

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 9, 2006
Have you Specified that folder in the Additional Plug-ins in Preferences>Plug-ins & Scratch Disks?
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 9, 2006
And it sounds like you need to reinstall the KPT plugins.
RF
Rikk_Flohr
Dec 9, 2006
Yes, the plugins folder is specified.
Yes, the scratch disk is specified.

The plugins work fine in other applications. This tells me that the installation was sound and is still sound. PhotoShop was able to use them once and then lost the ability. They still work after that in PSP and PP.

Background information. This is the second computer to which this has happened. One a Dell Desktop and the other an HP laptop. I don’t know of that is significant.

Rikk
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 9, 2006
No, that still means that Photoshop can’t find them, or you need to reinstall the plugins.
RF
Rikk_Flohr
Dec 9, 2006
Chris,

It means neither. They have been reinstalled. PhotoShop finds them. Then loses them. The other applications continue to work without a hitch.

Reinstalling was the first thing I tried. Apparently no one else has seen behavior.

Rikk
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 9, 2006
No, not without someone actively messing up preferences or deleting files…
RF
Rikk_Flohr
Dec 9, 2006
Well, I certainly do not adjust either and I am the only user on this machine.

I will seek for a solution and post it back here if I find it. Till then, I wil do my editing requiring a KPT effect in a different program.

Rikk.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 11, 2006
jeebers. for the 5 minutes it takes to reinstall you’d think you’d check the advice an adobe engineer is giving you! reinstall and see if that fixes it! you’re 5 days into it now for cripes sakes. listen to chris.
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 11, 2006
He said he did that. <Tonyshrug>
RF
Rikk_Flohr
Dec 11, 2006
Dave,

If you read my post on 12-09-06, you will find that I did attempt reinstall. I attempted that before contacting this group. And, have attempted again, since. FYI, it takes about 13 minutes to complete the install when you download and reinstall the KPT Patch as well. I am not five days into this, I am three months in on the second computer in a row with identical behavior.

Thank you for your comments.

Rikk
JJ
John Joslin
Dec 11, 2006
It sounds as if the problem is that KPT is not fully supported by Photoshop CS. AFAIK it was last updated for Version 5.

The fact that it worked once doesn’t really help.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 12, 2006
If you read my post on 12-09-06

hey sorry man. my mistake.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 12, 2006
I was told "Could not complet the KPT XXX Command becuase the file could not be found"

have you looked in your system logs to see if the missing file (probably a dll if all filters are affected) is mentioned by name? could just be an older dll overwritten by a newer version somewhere…

sorry if you’ve addressed this earlier. i just kinda scanned the thread. just trying to help. 🙂

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections