E
Posted By
em2880
Jul 28, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I had photoshop CS2 on windows and upgraded to a Mac with Leopard and Photoshop CS3 with a canon s9000 printer. On the new mac when I tried to print from photoshop I could never get from the file print dialog box to a printer preference setting that will allow me to select say the paper type. e.g photo glossy. So I brought a new printer Epson R2880 and still no settings are available from file print in photoshop to do things like grayscale , set paper type etc. The settings are all there in pages and Epson Easy Print. Obviously Epson say as it works from other apps there product is fine. Apple say its adobe , adobe say check in a forum. The Canon printer went to my son who’s mac version is pre-leopard and all the settings are available on that version of mac os.

Does anybody have Photoshop CS3 and an Epson R2880 , if so could they confirm how they select paper type as an example.

Many thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Jul 28, 2008
I don’t have Leopard installed on my test drive at the moment so I can’t test this. I have no problems printing with CS3 to an Epson 2200 in Tiger. have you gone to the Epson website and downloaded the latest drivers?
AW
Allen_Wicks
Jul 28, 2008
Epson troubleshooting first make/break all the connections then download and install the latest driver from Epson’s website, even if your currently installed driver is correct and the latest version. Repair Permissions before and after the installation. Epson’s Easyprint may or may not be the proper driver, check the (confusing) available choices.
L
Lundberg02
Jul 28, 2008
Amen to that, but if you look hard enough in Epson’s tech docs you may find some help.
V
VR8
Jul 31, 2008
I have this printer and use Leopard, but I don’t have this problem I am useing the 6.2 driver. There are two drivers on their website, I am using only the driver that came with the machine. I would re-install the driver. Secondly and this caught me up a bit at first. You open the CS print manager, press print and then the Epson driver emerges, there i s no direct access from CS3 to the driver. Secondly in the Epson driver there are two or three set of drop down menus, the one that permits setting the paper profile is not exactly where you expect it, just have a look through all the menus(I am not sitting in fronto of my mac right now so I am of limited help). Good luck.
V
VR8
Jul 31, 2008
I am not at my IMAC, if you open the CS3 printer driver and press print the Epson driver will come up. You will see a drop down menu that is currently set to LAYOUT, you want Print Settings and you can enter your profile there. Hope this helps.
V
VR8
Jul 31, 2008
I am at my IMAC, if you open the CS3 printer driver and press print the Epson driver will come up. You will see a drop down menu that is currently set to LAYOUT, you want Print Settings and you can enter your profile there. Hope this helps.
F
Freeagent
Aug 1, 2008
I am not at my IMAC

I am at my IMAC

Nice trick. Schroedinger’s cat.
V
VR8
Aug 1, 2008
Slip of the perfidious cat.
F
Freeagent
Aug 1, 2008
🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections