JD
Posted By
Jef_De_Corte
Jul 26, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Wacom Cintiq with 2 pens: a grip pen and an airbrush.

In Painter, the applications recognizes when I switch from pen to airbrush and adjusts the brush settings accordingly.
In Photoshop everytime I switch from pen to airbrush (and vice versa) I have to adjust all the brush settings again manually. Is there no tool id recoginition anymore in Photoshop?
I believe that in older versions of Photoshop you had to install a Tool-id plugin (from wacom), and then you had this functionality in Photoshop.
Can anyone tell me how I can get this back in CS3 ?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 26, 2008
Hi Jef,

I don’t actually know but I wondered if you look at the Wacom Tablet pref pane are all your tools are recognized and available for customization in the Tool panel? If so, I wondered if you could use the Application panel for each tool and have it recognized that way?
JD
Jef_De_Corte
Jul 26, 2008
I did that, but this has no visible effect in Photoshop. Also, there are no real settings for that in the control panel.

I can use airbrush and pen with complete functionality. However when I switch between the two, the brush settings do not change, you have to change it all by hand everytime (eg change the sensitivity from pressure to stylus wheel). It would be great if photoshop would remember the last setting you have for every pen.
I have a friend who recently bought the marker pen, and she has the same problem. Photoshop does not remember the marker settings. This is slowing down your workflow quite a bit when you are illustrating.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 26, 2008
This is slowing down your workflow quite a bit when you are illustrating.

I sure understand that. Have you contacted Wacom? If nothing else and it turns out that there isn’t an immediate solution your inquiry might help stimulate a solution on the part of the manufacturer.

A slightly clumsy work around might be to save some general settings as Tool Presets. It seems to me that most people almost never use the Tool Preset menu although they may use the Brush Preset menu extensively.
JD
Jef_De_Corte
Jul 26, 2008
Hi Welles,

that is a good suggestion. I didn’t think of the Tool Preset, and I must admit I didn’t use it before either.
If there was a way to link a certain tool preset to a wacom pen or airbrush so that it switches automatically that would be a solution to my problem.
However switching manually between presets is already going much faster also.

The Wacom forum seems to be down for maintenance since some time now. In a few days we are leaving on holidays, and I will check it again when we get back from vacation.

Thank you very much for your help, have a nice weekend.

Jef

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections