JL
Posted By
Jim Lewandowski
Apr 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can ANYONE explain how to straight a crooked image (because of scanner).

In my case, I have a b/w photo with a small white border around it that I WISH TO KEEP. If I crop the WHOLE image, then I can rotate it but now canvas stuff shows up that doesn’t match the image. What should I do now?

Or, if I crop almost the whole image and rotate, now the crop will make the image SMALLER.

EVERY help screen on the web shows a "measure tool" that I can NOT see via the dropper palette. Adobe’s help is no good. I swear it’s another conspiracy. I can not find measure tool. Websites show access to it by the little arrow on the dropper tool (my Photo 7.0 has no such thing).

How can companies sell this software when it either doesn’t work or their OWN help does not explain?

JL

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JL
Jim Lewandowski
Apr 8, 2004
Also, when I crop something, it seems there are NO handles to drag the crop in the SIDES of the image. There are only handles on the corner and these only seem to ROTATE the image.

Why can’t I get handles on the sides during the cropping process?

JL

"Jim Lewandowski" wrote in message
Can ANYONE explain how to straight a crooked image (because of scanner).
In my case, I have a b/w photo with a small white border around it that I WISH TO KEEP. If I crop the WHOLE image, then I can rotate it but now canvas stuff shows up that
doesn’t
match the image. What should I do now?

Or, if I crop almost the whole image and rotate, now the crop will make the image
SMALLER.
EVERY help screen on the web shows a "measure tool" that I can NOT see via the dropper palette. Adobe’s help is no good. I swear it’s another conspiracy. I can not find measure tool. Websites show access to it by the little arrow on the dropper tool (my Photo 7.0 has no such thing).

How can companies sell this software when it either doesn’t work or their OWN help does not explain?

JL

JG
JR Gardiner
Apr 8, 2004
Here’s how I do it – there may be other ways.
You may have to enlarge the canvass to get
some room to work.

Use the rectangular marquee tool and draw around the
entire image. Then, select Image/transform/skew
you can then pull the corners any way you want to
get it square.

Hope that helps

Regards,
John Gardiner

Probability of occurrence is in indirect proportion to its desirability.
"Jim Lewandowski" wrote in message
| Can ANYONE explain how to straight a crooked image (because of scanner).
|
| In my case, I have a b/w photo with a small white border around it that I WISH TO KEEP.
| If I crop the WHOLE image, then I can rotate it but now canvas stuff shows up that doesn’t
| match the image. What should I do now?
|
| Or, if I crop almost the whole image and rotate, now the crop will make the image SMALLER.
|
| EVERY help screen on the web shows a "measure tool" that I can NOT see via the dropper
| palette. Adobe’s help is no good. I swear it’s another conspiracy. I can not find
| measure tool. Websites show access to it by the little arrow on the dropper tool (my
| Photo 7.0 has no such thing).
|
| How can companies sell this software when it either doesn’t work or their OWN help does
| not explain?
|
| JL
|
|

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections