FM
Posted By
Frank_m_Tucker
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop Elements adds an additional .jpg to the large photo images when adding a new Web Photo Gallery. It did not do this on my original go of this. Yes, I am new to Photoshop Elements.

For an example go to web page <http://www.trailsclub.org/pictures/pictures.htm> and click on White River Snowshoe Trip.

Sorry for the appearance of the page, I have just taken over as web master from another club member.

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 7, 2004
I’m thinking! I had this happen to some of mine once, too, and I’m struggling to remember what I did. Do you run a Win or a Mac? I use a Mac, and if I remember right, I manually added a .jpg extension for some reason, and then the application came in right behind me and added another one. Do you remember doing anything like that for any reason?
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Apr 7, 2004
Frank,

I’ve had this happen to me as well but only when I was using PSD or tiff files (but still had a .jpg in the file name). Were those jpg’s actually jpg’s to begin with? PSE will automatically tack on the jpg extension.

If you want you can always just uncheck the "Titles Use" Filenames box which you’ll find in the Create Web Gallery dialog box (under Thumbnails).

Don’t know if this helps or not.

Joe

EDIT: Great minds think alike, eh Beth? 😉
FM
Frank_m_Tucker
Apr 8, 2004
Hi Beth,
I use Windows.
I had changed the name of the file before loading them into PSE. In the process I changed the extension from upper case to lower case (JPG to jpg). I will try leaving the extension in upper case next time.
Cheers,
FM
Frank_m_Tucker
Apr 8, 2004
Hi Joe,

The files were JPG, as far as I know. The files had been edited some before getting to me. I will ask my friend not to edit the next group of files before transmitting them to me. In the passed he had posted photos with double JPG extensions directly to the webpage. So it may be something he is doing on his system.

Both yours and Beth’s thoughts give me something to try and hopefully a resolution. Rather the thumbnail page displays the double extension is not the big issue that can be edited. I just do not like the files posted that way.

Cheers,
Frank
BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 25, 2004
The chances of Frank ever coming back to see this answer are slim to none, but I just remembered the answer to his problem with double extensions!

Double extensions can show up in a Web Gallery if you check the box for "Add extensions" to a group of image files that already contain an extension.

Please don’t ask why I was even thinking about this again, because I don’t know!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections