WA
Posted By
Why_atl
Jul 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all. I down loaded some brushes a few months ago, All together i should have about 30 brushes. Now those brushes have double. I have over 90 brushes (of the same brushes). I know I can delete them. My question is, why did the double in my pallet? and is there anyway I can select a group of them and delete them verses deleting them one by one?

Oh, aren’t these brushes on my hard drive in a folder somewhere? I tried looking in bridge but all i got was a brush stroke logo.

Why_atl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 19, 2008
Why the brushed doubled I can’t say. Usually I’d suspect the user tried to add brushes and inadvertently did that.

However there is an easy way to manage your brushes and other presets. An aside, all the presets which you can load i.e. brushes, styles, patterns etc are stored in the Presets folder. However if you make a preset yourself it just resides in the palette until you save it as a preset file. Check out the info in help about that.

For the moment use the Preset Manager (Edit > Preset Manager…). To delete a contiguous series of brushes click to highlight at the beginning and shift-click at the end of the group and hit the delete button. Command-clicking will allow you to select a group of non-contiguous brushes (or any other presets) and delete them.
WA
Why_atl
Jul 19, 2008
Thank you so much. Man, deleting them that way was quick and fast, now I’m back down to my 30 brushes.

Thank you Mr. Goodrich.

Why_atl

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections