A
Posted By
android
Jul 16, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Apparently, it’s not nearly as easy as it should be to rotate a brush.

I appreciate that jitters exist, as well as "manual" rotation, but what I feel would be possibly most helpful would be to link rotation to the mouse wheel…

Just saying.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CB
charles badland
Jul 17, 2008
If it helps, you can align it to the direction of the brush stroke.
A
android
Jul 17, 2008
Hi Charles, thanks for the reply.

This is really more for stamping/stenciling work, although I would like to be able to angle the brush when used like a "real" brush to control the angle of a flat tip.

In other words, to control the angle before the brush tip moves.

Also, I noticed that even when rotated, the preview (brush shape) does not rotate.
P
PeterK.
Jul 17, 2008
If you have a wacom tablet, you can set your brush to be angled according to the tilt of your pen. (although the brush tool still doesn’t show the effect of the tilt in preview when you hover over the canvas)
A
android
Jul 17, 2008
Hi Peter –

Yes, I tried that but couldn’t seem to get it to work; that aside, as you mention, the preview does not indicate the effect, so it could be better.

I’m actually a little surprised this is such a tough issue!
P
PeterK.
Jul 17, 2008
Did you try it with a Wacom tablet? You indicated that you were using a mouse, which of course wouldn’t work. If you use a tablet, set the brush options angle to "pen tilt" and the rotation of the brush changes depending on which way you angle the pen over the tablet.
A
android
Jul 17, 2008
Yes, I tried it with the tablet; without the preview, it’s sort of useless.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections