JS
Posted By
Jamey_Shipler
Apr 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I found a great tutorial on how to change the edges of your photos in adobe photoshop, and it works in the trial version of Photoshop CS but when I tried it in Elements I could not get the same results. It stated to simply make a selection with the rectangular tool and then to hit "Q" on your keyboard making a mask. I had to actually go to the brush tool to get the mask applied. And then apply a filter. When I do this it applies it to the unmasked area. When I did it in CS it applied it to the edge. Any ideas on this. I’m just trying to make different edges for thumbnails.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jhjl1
Apr 5, 2004
In full Photoshop when you hit Q on the keyboard you are applying a quick mask. Elements doesn’t support this as it has no quick mask.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
I found a great tutorial on how to change the edges of your photos in
adobe photoshop, and it works in the trial version of Photoshop CS but when I tried it in Elements I could not get the same results. It stated to simply make a selection with the rectangular tool and then to hit "Q" on your keyboard making a mask. I had to actually go to the brush tool to get the mask applied. And then apply a filter. When I do this it applies it to the unmasked area. When I did it in CS it applied it to the edge. Any ideas on this. I’m just trying to make different edges for thumbnails.
RC
Richard_Coencas
Apr 5, 2004
You can use the selection brush in a manner similar to a quick mask by using the Selection brush in Mask mode, grab a large brush and paint a mask over the whole image then change back to a normal size brush and hold down alt to paint away the selection.

Don’t know if this will work for that particular tutorial, but it gives you pretty much the functionality of a Quick Mask.

Rich
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 5, 2004
Just a thought but does Photoshop (full version) have a selection brush?

Wendy
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Apr 5, 2004
Photoshop 7 doesn’t have the selection brush per se, but it has Quick Mask, which performs a similar function and more. Not sure what PS CS has….
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 5, 2004
Thanks Chuck …

Wendy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections