KB
Posted By
Kathleen_Bailey
Apr 8, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I print an image from photoshop CS3 to my Canon i9900, the color reproduction is very bad. To fix this, I know that I should be clicking on "colorsync" under "color match" in the print dialog box. (I know because if I print the same photo in iphoto, using the colorsynch button, the output is perfect.) But the "colorsync" button is greyed out and therefore I can’t select it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 9, 2008
Kathleen,

When I print an image from photoshop CS3 to my Canon i9900, the color reproduction is very bad.

First things first, though…is your monitor calibrated properly?

Neil
R
Ram
Apr 9, 2008
As Neil points out, an accurately calibrated and profiled monitor is the first requirement of color management.

Generally speaking, in Photoshop you want to stay with ACE (Adobe Color Engine) and stay as far away from ColorSync as you possibly can. That is certainly the rule for Epson printers, and I have no reason to think that would be different for Canon, although I’m not that familiar with their printers.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections